1. POM is a kind of opaque crystalline linear thermoplastic resin with good comprehensive properties and colorability, high elastic modulus, high rigidity and hardness, and the specific strength and specific rigidity are close to metal;
2. Tensile strength, bending strength, creep resistance and fatigue resistance are excellent, repeated impact resistance and load recovery
3. The friction coefficient is small, wear-resistant, the size stability is good, the surface luster is good, the viscoelasticity is high, the electrical insulation is excellent, and is not affected by temperature; Good insulation resistance and not affected by humidity;
4. Chemical resistance: in addition to strong acids, phenols and organic halides, it is stable and oil resistant to other chemicals; The mechanical properties are small affected by temperature and have higher thermal deformation temperature.
5. The disadvantage is that the flame retardant is poor, the combustion is slow when encountering fire, and the oxygen index is small. Even if the flame retardant is added, the requirements of satisfactory are not met. In addition, the weather resistance is not ideal. Stabilizer should be added in outdoor application.
6. The homoformaldehyde has high crystallinity, good mechanical strength, rigidity, heat deformation temperature, and the same ratio of copolyformaldehyde. The
melting point of copolyformaldehyde is lower, the thermal stability, chemical corrosion resistance, flow characteristics and processability are better than that of homoformaldehyde. The newly developed products are ultra-high flow (rapid forming), impact resistance and mold deposition reduction, and inorganic filling and strengthening brand.
7. The water absorption of POM raw materials is greater than 0.2%. It should be pre dried before molding. The melting temperature of POM is similar to the decomposition temperature and the molding property is poor. It is the most important processing method to be used for injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, rolling, welding, bonding, coating, printing, electroplating, machining and injection molding.
The shrinkage rate of forming is large, and the mold temperature should be higher or annealed, Or add reinforcement materials
(e.g. alkali free glass fiber).